Another classic that has been in my recipe box for a couple of decades. It’s super simple and tends to be a crowd pleaser. I like to make it with chicken tender strips, but you can also do it with chicken breasts. It’s all good.
You will need:
- 1 pound chicken strips or breasts
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 4 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Juice from one lime
- salt and pepper to taste
What you do:
- To prepare the marinade, combine all the ingredients except the chicken in a bowl. Whisk together
- Put the chicken into a large sealable plastic bag and pour in the marinade. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours. (This can be prepared the day before and be allowed to marinade overnight.)
- To cook, throw the chicken on the grill or on a griddle or hot pan. For the chicken strips, I usually do 4-5 minutes per side. If you’re using chicken breasts, it’ll take a bit longer.
- Serve and enjoy! It’s great on a salad, or served with rice and green beans.