I’ve been making this recipe for probably close to 20 years, and it tends to be a crowd please. You like salmon? You like bourbon? Boom! It’s all here. It’s an easy marinade you can use for either grilling or baking your salmon.
You will need:
- 4 salmon filets
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons of bourbon
- 4 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- Juice from one lime
- salt and pepper to taste
What you do:
- To prepare the marinade, combine all the ingredients except the salmon in a bowl. Whisk together
- Put the salmon into a large sealable plastic bag and pour in the marinade. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours. (This can be prepared the day before and be allowed to marinade overnight.)
- To bake, preheat the oven to 420 degrees, place the salmon on foil or a baking sheet, and bake for about 15 minutes, until the fish is flaky and done.
- If you’re going to grill, I generally put it in in foil and also put it on the grill for about 15 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy! It’s great with rice and grilled veggies.